5 Steps to Rename Your Business the Right Way
- Start with brand strategy. Before you can ever develop a new name for your business, you have to get clear on your company's identity.
- Choose a new company name.
- Design and implement the visual identity for the brand.
- Share the updates with your stakeholders.
Can you rebrand without changing name?
Rebranding doesnt necessarily require a name change; you can do one without the other. (Though its more likely that if youre renaming, you probably should consider some degree of rebranding.)
How do you rebrand a small business?
How to rebrand a company
- Learn about your values, mission, and vision first.
- Have a comprehensive rebranding plan that harmonizes with your current branding.
- Think about your competition, the market, and your target audience.
- Work together as a team.
- rename your company.
- Develop a new brand identity.
- Take care when managing the rebrand.
What is involved in a rebrand?
Refresh: Modifications to an existing color scheme, logo, or font style that are subtle improvements on your brand. Rebrand: A new identity for a business that may include a revised name, slogan, visual identity, or brand values. Rationale: becomes necessary after significant changes to a company or its business model.
Yes, you can change the name of your LLC or corporation. To do so, you must submit Articles of Amendment to your state, which must then approve them before you can begin using the new name.
How do you transition a brand name?
Changing your brand name is an expensive proposition. It's definitely not a decision to make lightly.
Transition the Name Slowly
- Excessive internal and external communication
- Explain the why of the name change in detail.
- Keep the old name linked to, especially in Google.
- Transition the name slowly (9+ months).
Why can a company just change its brand name?
Most frequently, a new or modified name is needed when the original business has expanded, whether as a result of a merger, acquisition, or just as part of stellar growth plans that include new product lines or service options.
How do you rebrand a campaign?
How to Do a Rebrand
- Step 1: Know why you're doing a rebrand.
- Determine your brand team in step two.
- Complete a competitive analysis in step three.
- Step 4: Know who you're for.
- Complete a brand audit in step 5.
- Step 6: Express the soul of your brand.
- Step 7: Make your brand messaging more clear.
- Create your visual identity in step eight.
What does change of name by resolution mean?
The most popular method of changing a company name is by passing a special resolution of the members, which is simply a formal decision that requires at least 75% of members votes to be approved. A special resolution can be adopted at a general meeting or in writing.